Thursday, October 10, 2019

Status Update - Book 2 - Beta Reader Edits Complete

Finally - the edits from my second beta-reader have been incorporated into Book 2 of the Stormfall Chronicles. The entire editing process has taken longer than I might have anticipated, but there really is no cutting corners when it comes to editing a novel. All the iterations are necessary to produce a quality story that flows smoothly.

In the process of incorporating the final round of edits, the text has grown in length from 118,000 words at the end of the fifth round of edits (from my first beta-reader), to 121,000 words today.

Concurrently, I have been re-reading and polishing the text one final time from the beginning, and am currently through Chapter 5 of my seventh round of edits. At this point, the changes tend to be cosmetic: word substitutions here and there, or sentences that needed to be added or removed.

The next steps towards publication include:

  • Completing the seventh round of edits
  • Formatting the manuscript for eBook and paperback editions
  • Final edit and release of the blurb for the book
  • Cover unveiling
  • Timing and release of the promotional campaign

It's been an arduous process, but I am pleased that I can finally see that light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment