Friday, October 4, 2019

Maintaining Momentum

With demands from school, and applications for college to complete, my beta-reader's time has become more scarce these past few weeks.

To maintain momentum, I have therefore returned to the beginning of Book 2 of the Stormfall Chronicles for another round of proof-reading and edits. As of now, I have completed the seventh round of edits on Chapters 1 through 3. Most of the changes that I am making at this point have been to fine-tune the prose: eliminating unnecessary words, replacing some word choices here and there, or adding a sentence or two where appropriate. Many pages have required no editing - so the text was already very close to its final form.

I've also been gradually adding to the first draft of Chapter 1 for Book 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment