Sunday, June 23, 2019

Third Draft for Book 2 Complete

I've finally completed my third draft of the second book in the Stormfall series. It did take longer than I had expected, but I'm pleased with how the story is developing. When I get to the point where I'm excited about each chapter - and am looking forward to being able to release it to my beta-readers - I know I'm onto something.

Between the second and third edits of the draft, the book has grown from around 105,000 words to 109,000. Some words were eliminated here and there, other paragraphs needed to be added. But the text is gradually converging towards the finished product.

I am looking forward to how both Baxter and Lynette develop as characters under this second installment. I feel this is really central to the story which the first book in the series was building towards. I'm also pleased to be able to devote a little more time and attention to Elise and the world of the fae. I can't wait to complete my fourth draft of each chapter - at which point I will be able to release the individual chapters to my beta-readers to critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment