Thursday, June 27, 2019

From Draft 4 to my Beta-Readers: Working in Parallel

I am in the midst of the fourth draft to the manuscript for Book 2 of the Stormfall Chronicles - having completed the latest rounds of edits to Chapters 1, 2 and 3. At this stage in the editing process, the edits are typically more confined, aimed at shaping the choice of words and filling in subtle details from each scene.

It has been at this point, however, that I have allowed my own impatience to get the best of me. So starting today, I have begun releasing copies of the earliest chapters to my beta-readers - starting with my middle daughter. There are scenes that I have been very much looking forward to seeing their reactions to.

As the text begins to converge, therefore, we will be working in parallel: refining the edits, and collecting my first feedback on where adjustments need to be made. This is part of the excitement that I enjoy most about writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment