Friday, August 2, 2019

The Journey Towards Release of Book 2

Having completed the first round of beta-reader updates to Book 2 of the Stormfall Chronicles, some readers might be wondering what's next?

As it turns out, there's a lot more that goes into writing and releasing a novel than just writing it. The following are some of the things which I still have yet to complete on this journey:

  • Second beta-reader review
  • Blurb edit, review and release
  • Cover design edits and release
  • Maps (two new maps for Book 2)
  • Character name list and pronunciation guide
  • Formatting for eBook and paperback editions
  • Promotion strategy and planning

As should be evident, a lot goes into releasing a novel. Nonetheless, I am delighted to be finished with the first beta-reader review and update - which puts me on-track for releasing the second book by the end of August.

There are also, I might add, updates to my blog and YouTube channel which I had been hoping to make - but which had to be put on hold so I could focus my free time (which there's never enough of) on writing. Things like:

  • Posting a couple more book reviews
  • Anime reviews
  • Short stories
  • Observations from the indie author scene

I'll be getting back to the latter items eventually - hopefully once the book is closer to release in late August.

No comments:

Post a Comment