Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Fourth Draft for Book 4 Complete

While my oldest two daughters have been visiting over winter break, beta-reading the latest edits to the prequel to the series, I've been making use of my time editing Book 4 of the Stormfall Chronicles.

I've now completed the fourth draft of the book, with the text growing from 111,000 words at draft three, to 114,000 words at draft four. It's been good to see the story arcs of Lynette, Baxter and Eirlon (among others) finally drawing to their conclusion. It will still need another couple of rounds of edits - but it's getting close.

The prequel to the series, meanwhile, should be released on Vella later this month. Looking forward to it.

It's been great having all of my daughters at home over the break. Sharing stories, movies, and games again. I'll be sad to see them returning to their respective campuses at the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment