Saturday, July 3, 2021

Third Draft for Book 4 Complete

I've completed editing the third draft to Book 4 of the Stormfall Chronicles. The total word count has grown from 106,000 under the second draft, to 111,000 words today.

For reference, I have attached a tracking chart, for visualizing my writing progress in comparison to the prior novels. Although the first two drafts for Book 4 took longer to write and edit than I would have anticipated, the third draft is in line with the turn-around time expected from the previous novels.


Ordinarily, I wouldn't be releasing copies to my beta readers until after the fourth or fifth draft. In this instance, however, two of my beta readers (my oldest two daughters) will be leaving for their respective universities in August. I will therefore need to release beta reader copies a little earlier than I might otherwise have wanted. My beta readers have been a key part of my editing process, however, making this unavoidable.



No comments:

Post a Comment