Monday, November 4, 2019

Storm's Herald Reaches Number 1 in Fantasy Fiction in the UK

I recently completed my first BookBub ad campaign, aimed at my first book, Storm's Herald this past weekend. I'll probably write a little more on the subject at a later date, but I did have at least one, very interesting outcome.

All of my previous marketing efforts have had minimal impact on increasing the number of books picked up within the UK market. True, the UK market is smaller than that of the U.S. - with a population that's roughly 20-percent of the United States. But the UK is nonetheless the largest native English-speaking market outside of the USA.

I was therefore gratified to see my book reach #1 across multiple Fantasy genres within the UK. Even if this was for a limited time, on a "free" promotional basis, it was still really good to see.

I'm not sure if this is an anomaly, or if BookBub ads are just better poised to reach these readers than other tools have been. Only time will tell.

I hope that my UK raiders enjoy the first installment, and come back to find the second novel when it's released in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment