Sunday, May 5, 2019

Promotional on the Best Seller List

As anyone who has thought about becoming an indie author should already be aware, a large part of success as an indie writer will be tied to successfully marketing our own work. Whereas for a traditional publishing house, finding reviewers, author interviews and advertising are all handled by the publisher, as an indie author all of these activities become the responsibility of the author.

I have been running an Amazon promotional for my first book this weekend - with the eBook being available for free on Saturday and Sunday, May 4th and 5th:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYK9QHC

This was not my first free promotional, but it was the best organized, with my book being featured on a number of promotional sites.

I was therefore gratified to see my book coming in Amazon's #1 slot for both the "Teen & YA Coming of Age Fantasy" and the "Sword and Sorcery Fantasy" eBook categories. True, these are the rankings against other free books, but it also means that I have succeeded in getting my book in the hands of a wider audience.

For those who have or might have downloaded my book, I want to extend a heartfelt thanks - and hope that you thoroughly enjoy the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Having our books read, and reviewed by readers, is part of the lifeblood of an indie author.

No comments:

Post a Comment