Sunday, March 24, 2019

A Spring Day in New England

I thought I'd provide a little writer's update this morning.

I woke up this weekend to another day of spring-time New England snow. The picture that I posted is part of the view from my front lawn. There wasn't too much snow, but I still enough of it that had to clear my driveway in the morning - so that my two daughters could get to the horse barn on time (two of my daughters ride horses - the third does not).

I'm about half way through the first rough draft of Book 2 of the Stormfall Chronicles. I have a lot more writing and editing to go before I can have my daughters review the text as beta-readers for the next installment. I'm hoping to see the second book published during the summer, in June or July.

The writing/editing process is both exciting and painstaking. I get so enthusiastic writing the chapters, looking forward to my daughters' reactions to certain scenes. But it takes a lot of commitment to get it to the point where I'm ready to have it reviewed - much less released for publication.

Hope everyone has a warm and cozy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment