Friday, January 11, 2019

Fantasy-Fiction Map Reveal

Part of any elaborate fantasy world, is the landscape: the peoples, cultures, history, and of course - the map of where everything is.

I can recall studying the maps from fantasy worlds generated by a wide variety of authors: imagining adventures beyond the borders of the written story, cast in various corners or margins of the fantasy world map they inhabited. It should therefore come as no surprise that I would look forward to generating a fantasy-fiction world map of my own, providing a reference for the places and context which my own story inhabited.

While my couple of maps might not be as elaborate as those of some, I nonetheless hope that others will find the landscape as captivating to imagine as it was for me when I was writing the stories behind it.



No comments:

Post a Comment